Quick Strength for Runners offers a smart, fast-paced strength training program for runners who want to run faster and with fewer injuries. In under an hour a week, runners will strengthen their core and key running muscles to build a better runner’s body.
Strength training is crucial for better running and injury prevention. But it’s difficult to know which strength exercises work best for runners or to get motivated to hit the gym.
In Quick Strength for Runners, running coach and personal trainer Jeff Horowitz simplifies strength training into just two 20-minute workouts per week, with no gym or pricey equipment required. Designed specifically for runners, the 8-week Quick Strength program pinpoints the exercises that really work. Inside you’ll find:
- How strength training leads to better running form and fitness
- 40 targeted exercises, with step-by-step photos and instructions
- Progressive workouts and advanced form options
- A focused 8-week strength training schedule
- Tips on designing your own long-term workout plan
Quick Strength for Runners makes it easy for runners to build a better runner’s body. This highly effective, easy-to-implement program will make you a stronger, faster runner in under an hour a week so you can stay on the road or trail.
7″ x 9″, 204 pp., $19.95, 9781937715120
Paperback with full-color photographs throughout