This article is an excerpt from Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga for Athletes by Erin Taylor. In this comprehensive guide, Taylor identifies the 10 most common issues holding athletes back and gives specific poses to solve them. In addition, the book incorporates breathing and focus exercises to make you a stronger athlete in both body and mind.
Static stretching just won’t cut it when it comes to cranky calves. The good news is that there’s one simple maneuver that will ease calf pain and can help prevent lower leg injuries from shin splints to plantar fasciitis. The calf pump comes in many forms and is a great way to counteract that pesky dense musculature. This quick fix from Hit Reset will increase circulation, tone, and pliability from your calves down to your feet. Take a look!
- Come down to all fours.
- Straighten your right leg long behind you, without locking the knee, toes tucked under on the floor.
- Rock your weight forward and back keeping both sides of your waist even for 10 reps.
- Come to stillness and press back strongly through your right heel.
- Bend your right knee slightly and then straighten the leg without locking the knee.
- Continue to bend and stretch for 10 reps before switching sides.
$21.95Add to cart
Gain balance, strength, and mobility with Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga For Athletes by Erin Taylor. The HIT RESET approach uses yoga to solve the specific problems you face as an athlete. Her revolutionary way to do yoga can improve functional strength, flexibility, muscle recruitment, breathing and focus, core strength, and durability.