In Fast-Track Triathlete, elite triathlon coach Matt Dixon offers his plan of attack for high performance in long-course triathlon—without sacrificing work or life. Developed for busy professionals with demanding schedules, the Fast-Track Triathlete program makes your PR possible in Ironman®, Ironman 70.3®, Rev3, and Challenge triathlon in about 10 hours a week.
Training for long-course triathlons once demanded 15-20 hours each week—on top of work, family, travel and other time commitments. For many, preparing for long-distance triathlon is more challenging than the race itself.
Now Fast-Track Triathlete opens the door to your best performance in full- and half-distance triathlons in half the traditional training time. Dixon’s laser-focused, effective approach to workouts, recovery, strength and mobility, and nutrition means you can prepare for triathlon’s greatest challenges in just 7-10 hours per week for half-distance and 10-12 hours per week for full-distance.
Fast-Track Triathlete includes
- Dixon’s complete guide to creating a successful sport and life performance recipe
- How to plan out your triathlon training
- Scaling workouts for time and fatigue
- Training and racing during travel
- Executing your swim-bike-run and transitions plan on race day
- 10-week off-season training program with key workouts
- 14-week pre-season training program with key workouts
- 14-week comprehensive race-prep full and half training plans with fully integrated strength and conditioning
Dixon’s first book, The Well-Built Triathlete, revealed his four-tiered approach to success in all triathlon race distances. Fast-Track Triathlete turbocharges Dixon’s well-built program so even the busiest athletes can achieve their long-distance triathlon dreams without sacrificing so much to achieve them.
Read excerpts from Fast-Track Triathlete! Click here to see selections from the book.
Fast-Track Triathlete: Balancing a Big Life with Big Performance in Long-Course Triathlon
Paperback with 2-color interior. 85 tables and figures throughout.
7″ x 9″, 376 pp., $24.95, 9781937715748