Competitive cycling is about having a strong tactical sense, or “race smarts.” Thomas Prehn helps cyclists avoid common race mistakes and ride strategically. Useful topics include:
- “Reading” a race to anticipate the outcome
- Criterium and stage race tactics
- When to attack and when to lay back
- Pace lines, echelons, blocking, and breakaways
- How to stay informed during a race and deal with disasters
Prehn supplements his advice with anecdotes and memorable race moments, as well as instructional diagrams throughout the book.
Paperback with illustrations throughout.
7″ x 10″, 240 pp., $18.95, 9781931382304
THIS BOOK HAS SOLD OUT. To find a copy, please check online retailers and used bookseller.