Competitive cycling is about having a strong tactical sense, or “race smarts.” Thomas Prehn helps cyclists avoid common race mistakes and ride strategically. Useful topics include:
- “Reading” a race to anticipate the outcome
- Criterium and stage race tactics
- When to attack and when to lay back
- Pace lines, echelons, blocking, and breakaways
- How to stay informed during a race and deal with disasters
Prehn supplements his advice with anecdotes and memorable race moments, as well as instructional diagrams throughout the book.
Racing Tactics for Cyclists
Paperback with illustrations throughout.
7″ x 10″, 240 pp., $18.95, 9781931382304