The Essential Guide to Skiing is an indispensable encyclopedia of information that addresses everything you need to know about the sport. Nowhere else will you find such comprehensive coverage of ski equipment, apparel, and the smart way to get around the mountain. With over 300 illustrations, this in-depth guide is packed with advice for every level of skier—whether you’re a beginner or a savvy old hand. You will find plenty of practical, hands-on information and will reap the benefits from making the right choices for your particular skiing needs. Topics include:
- Gearing Up: Locate prime spots to shop for ski deals. Discover useful resources to take out the intimidation factor in order to find the right equipment for you.
- Ski Speak: Learn design, performance, and fit terminology for ski apparel and equipment. Whether you are shopping for boots, skis, bindings, or poles, you can quickly learn “ski speak” and the meaning behind the madness.
- The Right Fit: Know what to look for in boot fit and custom fitting upgrades and liners. Learn about overall ski fit for your specific body type and skiing style, and benefit from practical advice for the unique fit needs of men, women, and children.
- Layering: Understand the importance of fibers, fabric, comfort, and “temperature regulation.”
- Ski Instruction: Review the myths and realities of fundamental ski instruction, and learn how to survey the mountain for the best snow and the least crowded lift lines. Find out about skier safety codes, chairlift etiquette, and how to keep your group together.
By following the advice in this book, you’ll know exactly what to expect on your next trip and how to get the most out of your visit, including great money-saving strategies as well as travel and packing tips. From glasses to goggles, helmets to hand warmers, this book is the ultimate insider’s guide to skiing.
Paperback. Photographs throughout.
6″ x 9″, 259 pp., $21.95, 9780974625416
THIS BOOK HAS SOLD OUT. To find a copy, please check online retailers and used booksellers.