This indispensable guide focuses on how aspiring triathletes can successfully complete a sprint- or Olympic-distance triathlon. Triathlon Training Basics is specifically written for beginning triathletes, their personal trainers, and coaches. It’s the cornerstone for any triathlon training program. Triathlon Training Basics features:
- Individual 12-week training plans for triathletes of varied fitness levels
- Team 6-week training plans
- Guidelines for exercise intensity
- Fueling and hydration information for endurance training and racing
- Swimming, cycling, and running equipment, proper fit, economical upgrades, strength training, and stretching
- Essential information for sprint- and Olympic-distance races
Gale Bernhardt is one of triathlon’s most accomplished coaches, and her training plans are clear and complete. For new triathletes she makes the sport more accessible, and help them to reach their goals.
Paperback. Charts, tables, and illustrations throughout.
6″ x 9″, 256 pp., $18.95, 9781931382250