The VeloNews Tour de France Guide is your best companion to enjoying cycling’s biggest race! Offering the deepest preview coverage of your favorite race, the VeloNews Tour de France Guide will help you enjoy every stage of racing action even more.
This year’s Tour is being held in the shadow of the global coronavirus pandemic, and we have feature stories about the precautions that teams and officials are taking to keep riders, fans, and media safe. Also, we have an inside look at the last time the Tour was held during such a time of unrest. In 1947 the first postwar Tour helped France rebound from six years of war and Nazi occupation. Our interviews with four remaining Tour riders from that era help bring that event to life, and shed valuable insight on how this year’s Tour may impact France. Returning this year are the in-depth previews of all 21 stages, and this year we have a new addition: Expert stage analysis from retired great Jens Voigt. We also take a deep dive into all 22 teams, as well as the top contenders to win the yellow jersey.
The 2020 VeloNews Tour de France Guide includes:
- Clash of the Titans: An epic Tour battle is brewing between defending champions Team Ineos and challengers Jumbo-Visma. Both squads enter the Tour with three GC leaders.
- The Stages and The Contenders: We analyze every stage and provide our expert analysis and opinion on the role each stage will play in the overall race. Look for in-depth info on key stages, climbs, and roads that will decide the race.
- Tour Tech: We take you inside the cutting-edge specialty bicycles, wheels, clothing, gear, and tires to see how tech will affect specific stages.
- The Teams: Anticipated Tour rosters, team jerseys, and gear for all 22 Tour teams.
- Tour of Renewal: Four surviving riders of the 1947 post-war Tour de France recall the race and share their wisdom on the 2020 coronavirus race.
- What Women Want: What do pro riders want from the ASO’s upcoming French stage race?
- The Tour and COVID-19: How the race plans to keep fans and riders safe amid a global pandemic.
- TDF 101: A helpful guide to the jerseys, prize money, and terminology.
The race runs Aug 29-Sep 20, 2020. Once the racing action begins, your VeloNews Tour de France Guide will become your essential daily guide for all 23 days of the race, from stage profiles to sprints, climbs, descents, and grueling mountaintop finishes.
2020 VeloNews Tour de France Guide
Editors of VeloNews
Perfect-bound magazine. Full-color interior with illustrations, photographs, and stage profiles throughout.
9″ x 10.875″, 92 pp., $14.99
WANT MORE VELONEWS? Join Active Pass, our new all-access membership program that offers exclusive Tour de France content, a one-year free subscription to VeloNews magazine, two free books, event registration, discounts from partners and much more!
PREORDERS: Preorders begin shipping from velopress.com on August 1st.
SUBSCRIBERS: Current magazine subscriber copies begin mailing to subscribers on July 14th.
NEWSSTANDS: The Guide releases on newsstands on August 4th.
DIGITAL EDITION: Order the Digital Magazine from Zinio (link coming soon).
SHOPS: There are no returns or refunds offered on orders purchased from velopress.com. Apply for VeloPress wholesale pricing or set up a shop subscription.