Preorders from VeloPress.com will ship by October 20th.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to mountain bike maintenance and repair. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide makes every mountain bike repair and maintenance job easy for anyone.
Lennard Zinn is the world’s leading expert on bike maintenance and repair. His friendly, step-by-step guide explains the tools and parts you’ll need and how to know you’ve done the job right. The book’s two-color interior is easy to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded-parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every mountain bike repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old mountain bikes from top to bottom. In nearly 500 pages and over 600 illustrations, Zinn’s guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of mountain bike maintenance and repair jobs:
- Basics:How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
- Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
- Easy shifting: How to adjust shifters, derailleurs, and cables for clean and smooth shifting
- Wheels: How to true a wheel, install a new tire, change a cassette, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
- Overhauls: How to service and replace pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, bottom brackets
- New tech: How to maintain 1x-speed systems, electronic and wireless shifters
- Troubleshooting: How to figure out what’s wrong with any bike and how to fix it
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you’ll know how to keep your bicycle running smoothly for years.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 6th Ed.: The World’s Bestselling Guide to Mountain Bike Repair
Paperback with two-color interior and illustrations throughout.
8 1/2″ x 11″, 496 pp., $26.95, 9781937715472