This article is an excerpt from Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga for Athletes by Erin Taylor. In this comprehensive guide, Taylor identifies the 10 most common issues holding athletes back and gives specific poses to solve them. In addition, the book incorporates breathing and focus exercises to make you a stronger athlete in both body and mind.
If your AC stopped working you would reset it, right? The same logic applies to our bodies.
Heat and humidity make for great beach days, but training in extreme weather conditions can push us to the limit physically. Avoid fatigue and overwork by incorporating a post-workout cool down into your Reset practice. Whether temperatures are scorching, you’ve just finished a sweaty workout, or you’ve had a stressful day, take time to cool down. This restorative routine will help to lower your body temperature, bring ease to common areas of tension, and re-establish balance in your body.
Crank Up Your Cool Down
- Grab a chair or ottoman, or head to your sofa.
- Lie down on your cool floor, bend your knees, and rest your lower legs on your chair/sofa.
- Spread your arms wide, turning your palms to face up.
- Breathe in through your lips as if you were drinking from a straw… breathe out through your nose…
- Continue to breathe deeply and cool off for 5+ minutes.
$21.95Add to cart
Gain balance, strength, and mobility with Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga For Athletes by Erin Taylor. The HIT RESET approach uses yoga to solve the specific problems you face as an athlete. Her revolutionary way to do yoga can improve functional strength, flexibility, muscle recruitment, breathing and focus, core strength, and durability.