Pioneering cycling endurance coach Hunter Allen, CEO and Founder of Peaks Coaching Group, is on a book tour to promote the newest edition of the book that, most would say, has launched a new era in the sport of cycling: Training and Racing with a Power Meter. The new edition will be available for purchase at the speaking events, and Hunter will have a limited number of autographed copies for purchase.
“This is an incredibly rewarding time for me and the other authors,” says Hunter Allen. “It’s been almost a decade since the groundbreaking second edition, and we now have access to tens of thousands of new data files to further validate the foundational principles of training and racing with a power meter contained in all three editions.”
Hunter will be speaking at the following locations:
- March 14: Harvard University @ 6:30 pm (See more info.)
- March 18: Landry’s Bicycles Braintree @ 6:30 pm (See more info.)
- March 19: Fit Werx Peabody @ 6:30 pm (See more info.)
- March 21: Assabet River Bicycles @ 7:00 pm (See more info.)
- March 22: Landry’s Bicycles Westboro @ 6:30 pm (See more info.)
- March 23: NormaTec/Ironman Foundation reception, Watertown @ 5–7 pm (See more info.)
- March 24: Race-Mania Summit and Expo, Boston University @ 8:00–9:30 am and 10:30–10:55 am (See more info.)
- March 25: Century Road Club Association / Rapha New York, NYC @ 7–9 pm (See more info.)
- July 19: Aspen Cycling Club / Basalt Bike & Ski, Basalt, CO @ 7–8:30 pm (See more info.)
- July 22: REI, Colorado Springs, CO @ 6:30–8 pm (See more info.)
- July 23: REI, Denver, CO @ 6:30–8 pm (See more info.)
- July 24: Rapha, Boulder, CO @ 6:30 pm
- July 25: USA Triathlon power clinic, Colorado Springs, CO @ 6–8 pm (See more info.)
If interested in attending any events, please contact: email@example.com
First published in 2006, Training and Racing with a Power Meter is the pioneering, cutting-edge guide that makes it possible for any rider to exploit the incredible value of any power meter. Coach Hunter Allen and exercise physiologists Drs. Andy Coggan and Stephen McGregor show how to use a power meter to profile your strengths and weaknesses, how to measure fitness and fatigue, how to optimize your daily workouts, how to peak for races, and how to set and adjust your racing strategy while you are racing.
Training and Racing with a Power Meter brings the advanced power-based training techniques of elite cyclists and triathletes to everyone. A power meter can unlock more speed and endurance than any other training tool―for those who understand how to interpret their data. By quantifying exactly how much energy a cyclist expends, power meters lend unprecedented insight into a rider’s abilities and fitness. With the proper baseline data, a cyclist can use a power meter to determine workouts, long-term training, and even race strategy, pacing, and tactics.