This article is an excerpt from Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga for Athletes by Erin Taylor. In this comprehensive guide, Taylor identifies the 10 most common issues holding athletes back and gives specific poses to solve them. In addition, the book incorporates breathing and focus exercises to make you a stronger athlete in both body and mind.
Do you pay more attention to what goes on your feet, then what’s going on with your feet? Time to flip priorities! Maintaining foot strength can improve stability and create a strong foundation for your movement.
- Find a comfortable seat.
- Wedge your fingers in between the toes of the opposite foot.
- Try to get your finger knuckles against your toe knuckles so that your toes spread as wide as possible.
- Gently press your free thumb into the arch of your foot.
- Use your hand to circle the ball of the foot around, and move the toes around as much as you can.
- Continue for a minute or two before switching sides.
Gain balance, strength, and mobility with Hit Reset: Revolutionary Yoga For Athletes by Erin Taylor. The HIT RESET approach uses yoga to solve the specific problems you face as an athlete. Her revolutionary way to do yoga can improve functional strength, flexibility, muscle recruitment, breathing and focus, core strength, and durability.