Exercise during pregnancy isn’t just safe, it’s healthy for you and your baby.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy dispels generations of old wives’ tales about exercise and pregnancy so active women can stay strong and in shape. This book from running coach Dr. Kristina Pinto and triathlete Rachel Kramer, MD goes beyond labor and delivery through the “fourth trimester,” helping new mothers return to fitness after they’ve had their babies.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy reviews up-to-date research to show that exercise during pregnancy isn’t just safe, it’s ideal for health and wellness. Pinto and Kramer guide moms-to-be through each trimester, showing how their bodies, nutrition needs, and workouts will change. The authors cover the months following delivery, when women adapt to a new lifestyle that balances family, fitness, self, and perhaps a return to work. They offer smart guidance and tips on breastfeeding, sleep training, nutrition and hydration, weight loss, and how to transition back into workouts and training.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy will help new mothers experience an easier, healthier pregnancy and a faster return to fitness after delivery.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy includes
- Trimester guides to body changes, nutrition, and emotional health
- Guidance on exercise, rest, body temperature, injury prevention
- Guidelines and suggested workouts for running, swimming, and cycling
- Strength and flexibility exercises to reduce discomfort and chance of injury
- Tips on exercise gear for each trimester
- Symptoms of common pregnancy conditions and when to see a doctor
- Three chapters of expert guidance on returning to fitness after delivery
Please consult your doctor before embarking on an exercise program during pregnancy.
Fit & Healthy Pregnancy dispels generations of old wives’ tales about exercise and pregnancy. Exercise during pregnancy isn’t just safe, it’s healthy for you and your baby. This modern, comprehensive guide shows active women how to stay strong and in shape before, during, and after pregnancy.