Boulder, CO, USA — May 11, 2016 — In Rocket Fuel, award-winning dietitian Matt Kadey offers up 126 delicious, creative, and convenient real-food recipes to power your everyday exercise and weekend adventures. Kadey’s ingenious Rocket Fuel foods—like easy-to-make muffins, bars, pies, bites, gels, smoothies, balls, wraps, and cookies—will inspire how you fuel for your favorite sports. Since studies show that real food works just as well as processed sports food products, you’ll enjoy a huge variety of flavors and a healthier, more nutritious performance fuel that’s free of artificial stuff and high price tags. Kadey’s DIY performance foods include dozens of new flavors and innovative forms that ensure you’ll always look forward to your next exercise snack. Rocket Fuel: Power-Packed Food for Sports and Adventure is now available in bookstores, outdoors stores, and online. Try sample recipes at www.rocketfuelfoods.net.
Rocket Fuel is more than a cookbook of easy, healthy recipes. Kadey simplifies the rocket science of sports nutrition into easy-to-follow guidelines that will work for anyone in any sport or activity. Rocket Fuel foods are grouped into Before, During, and After Exercise so your body will get exactly what it needs at exactly the right times. For those with special dietary restrictions, each recipe is flagged as dairy-free, freezer-friendly, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and vegetarian or vegan-friendly.
Rocket Fuel offers:
- 126 recipe ideas for power-packed foods, snacks, and light meals including bowls, puddings, wraps, sandwiches, bites, balls, squares, bars, drinks, patties, cakes, stacks, drinks, smoothies, shakes, soups, muffins, sliders, pies, rolls, DIY energy shots, and all-natural sports drinks
- 33 Before, 43 During, and 50 After Exercise recipes
- 79 dairy free, 85 gluten free, 76 vegetarian, and 33 paleo-friendly recipes
- Smart-yet-simple sports nutrition guidelines for before, during, and after exercise
- Complete nutrition facts for every recipe
What you eat for energy can make the difference between an epic day or a disappointment. Rocket Fuel makes it easy to power up for workouts, recharge during halftime, or stay energized on the trail.
Suggested stories from Rocket Fuel by Matt Kadey, RD:
- How packaged fuel replaced real food in the athlete’s pantry.
- 20 Rocket Fuel recipes are available for republication.
- Fueling isn’t rocket science. Dial your nutrition before, during, and after exercise with these simple guidelines.
- Studies show real food works as well as packaged sports nutrition products.
- Don’t cook after your workout! Make ahead with Rocket Fuel recovery foods.
Rocket Fuel: Power-Packed Food for Sports and Adventure
Matthew Kadey, RD
Paperback with full-color interior with photographs throughout.
9″ x 7.5″, 256 pp., $22.95, 9781937715465
Matthew Kadey is a James Beard Award-winning food journalist, registered dietitian, and recipe developer. Kadey contributes regularly to top health/fitness magazines and has written for Bicycling, Canadian Cycling, Canadian Running, Competitor, Delicious Living, Eating Well, Experience Life, Men’s Health, Men’s Journal, Prevention, Runner’s World, Shape, Trail Runner, Triathlete, WebMD, Women’s Health, Women’s Running, and Yoga Journal. Kadey won the James Beard Award in 2013 for Food Journalism. He holds a masters degree in sports nutrition and is the author of Muffin Tin Chef and The No-Cook, No-Bake Cookbook. Learn more at www.mattkadey.com.
To request recipes or author interviews, please contact Dave Trendler at VeloPress at email@example.com.