VeloPress is pleased to offer online weight management guides for cyclists, triathletes, and runners on its new Racing Weight page.
Drawing from sports nutritionist Matt Fitzgerald’s books Racing Weight, Racing Weight Cookbook, and Racing Weight Quick Start Guide, the new Racing Weight page will offer interesting and helpful articles to show athletes how to manage their weight safely and without affecting their training or racing performance.
Topics introduced on the Racing Weight page include:
- How to estimate your fastest weight
- Why athletes should ignore body mass index (BMI)
- How much weight athletes can safely gain over the holidays
- Why you can’t burn 3,500 calories and lose a pound of fat
- The DQS Clean Streak–and alternative to off-season cleanses and detoxes
- Sample recipes from Racing Weight Cookbook
- How low-carb and Paleo diets can hurt your performance
- Several ways being lean makes you faster
- The body types favored by several endurance sports
- Why body type matters to sports
Racing Weight is a proven weight-management program designed specifically for endurance athletes. Revealing the latest research and drawing from the best practices of elite athletes, coach and nutritionist Matt Fitzgerald lays out six easy steps in Racing Weight to help cyclists, triathletes, and runners lose weight without harming their training. This comprehensive and science-based program shows athletes the best ways to lose weight and avoid the common lifestyle and training hang-ups that keep new PRs out of reach.