Gear Issue Features More than 100 of the Best Cycling Products—and Best Values—in Road, Dirt, Gravel, and Commuting
Boulder, Colorado, USA — March 6, 2019 — VeloNews has taken the road less traveled for its annual buyer’s guide. Featuring a new concept and format, the new VeloNews Gear Issue mails to subscribers on March 6th and hits newsstands March 19th. Shifting away from the industry standard product review format, the 2019 VeloNews Gear Issue shows cyclists how to become savvy shoppers and choose the gear that will improve their riding the most. The VeloNews editorial team has selected more than 100 of the best bikes, apparel, components, and accessories and reveals why those products are worth the money.
“Most buyer’s guides just tell you what to buy,” said Dan Cavallari, VeloNews Tech Editor. “With our new Gear Issue, we share how and why we selected the best gear, but we also show riders how to shop smarter for this season and for next year. Our goal is to showcase great products and how to know they are worth your money.”
The VeloNews Gear Issue includes features on:
- How to best use $100, $500, and $1,000 for road, gravel, mountain, and a home workshop.
- Head-to-Head Bike Shootouts: All-rounder vs. endurance road and aero road, boutique vs. budget gravel, trail vs. cross-country mountain bikes, and long vs. short travel mountain.
- Kitted Out: High-End Road, Budget Road, Mountain, Gravel, and Commuter
- Cool / Want / Need: Lots of great new products and specs
- Features on the rebirth of Moots and the incredible rise of Sklar.
The VeloNews 2019 Gear Issue mails to subscribers on March 6th. Single copies of the Gear Issue are shipping now from velopress.com and will be available on U.S. newsstands, velonews.com and online on the VeloNews app, ZINIO, Amazon Kindle, Readr app, and Google Play on March 19th. Related cycling tech reviews will appear on velonews.com, the VeloNews podcast, the VN Show video series, and the VeloNews e-mail newsletter beginning April 16th.