The Time-Crunched Cyclist reveals the fastest way to get fit for bike rides and races of all kinds. With elite cycling coach Chris Carmichael’s innovative, time-saving approach, busy cyclists will develop fitness, speed, and power in just 6 hours a week.
Let’s take a look at what’s new in the third edition.
Now powered by Strava, this updated third edition of The Time-Crunched Cyclist training program taps into the most popular cycling social network to help cyclists get fired up to crush their workouts, one segment at a time. With Strava, the Time-Crunched Training Program becomes interactive, social, highly motivating—and focuses riders on the training data that matters most.
Nine training plans featured:
- New Competitor for criterium and road races
- Experienced Competitor for criterium and road races
- New Century
- Experienced Century/New Gran Fondo
- Competitive Gran Fondo [New!]
- Gravel Racing & Ultraendurance Mountain Bike [New!]
- Intermediate Commuter
- Advanced Commuter
Also new to The Time-Crunched Cylist in this edition:
- Larger 2-color format for easier reading and 100 more pages of material
- Updated sports science with the latest studies on high-intensity workouts
- Nutrition section with more information on effective weight loss, sports nutrition, and how to fuel high-intensity workouts
- Guidelines on hydration and heat-stress management, which have a huge impact on performance and can lead to big gains on race day
- The Time-Crunched Kitchen with recipes and tips to help the already-busy athlete save time in the kitchen and fuel optimally
The Time-Crunched Cyclist reveals the fastest way to get fit for road racing, century rides, gravel grinders, cyclocross, Gran Fondos, and mountain bike events. With elite cycling coach Chris Carmichael’s innovative, time-saving approach, busy cyclists will develop fitness, speed, and power in just 6 hours a week.